Betting Websites UK
Here at Betting Websites we have searched around in order to provide our readers with the most generous offers from the UK’s leading online betting operators. These promotions are the best available and many are exclusive to Bettingwebsites.co.uk. The best news is that you can claim as many of these bonuses as you wish (limited to one welcome offer per bookmaker)
All of our featured betting partners offer new customers a free bet of some description and these as a rule come as a free bet bonus which is released once an initial deposit has been made or a first wager placed. These are a great way in which to get started with an online betting website and while they always come with terms and conditions attached as well as wagering requirements, they are generally simple to claim and undoubtedly worthwhile.
There is absolutely nothing to stop you from registering new accounts with numerous online betting websites and by doing this you can claim a great many new-customer free bet bonuses (restricted to one per bookmaker). The obvious advantage of opening accounts with more than one bookmaker is that it gives you far more flexibility and opens up many markets which might not be available at some operators. Not only that but you can shop around for the best betting odds for a particular event or certain alternative markets which may only be offered by a handful of betting websites.
The new-customer welcome bonuses come in many different forms but by far the most common is the simple free bet. As already mentioned, you will generally need to make an initial deposit and place a first bet before this free bet bonus is released, for example ‘Bet £5 Get £30’. Terms and conditions will always be attached to these bonuses and it is important that you read these very carefully.
Other forms of welcome bonuses on offer from the leading betting sites include matched deposit bonuses, whereupon the bookmaker in question will award a bonus based on the amount deposited, for example ‘Matched Deposit Bonus of 100% up to a maximum of £35’. Here you can deposit any amount up to £35 and the betting site will match this penny-for-penny.
At Betting Websites UK you can choose from as many free bet offers and matched deposit promotions as you wish. You can find details of these bonuses and offers in our detailed bookmaker reviews with information regarding how you can claim these. Here you will also discover the sports and betting markets offered by each betting operator as well as the competitiveness of their odds.
These impartial reviews will assist you in choosing which bookmaker best suits your needs and they are updated with the latest offers win a regular basis.
Betting Websites FAQs
Every one of our featured betting websites offer a wide variety of free bet bonuses which you can claim by registering using the links provided. While these offers are termed 'free bets', you will need to make an initial deposit and in most cases place an initial bet before you can unlock this free bet bonus. The rule is that once you have made a first bet (of a pre-determined amount), then the free bet will be yours to use, subject to terms and conditions.
All of the bookmakers featured at Betting Websites UK are fully licensed to operate in the UK. Some betting operators may be based in other countries but they are all subject to the same laws as laid out by the UK Gambling Commission. For that reasons you can always be sure that all of the betting operators we feature are fully trustworthy.
A great many new betting websites appear on the UK circuit each year and while many of these aren't worthy of a second glance, some manage to stand out from the crowd thanks to their range of betting markets, customer bonuses and competitive odds. We at Betting Webites UK only feature the tried and trusted operators who are fully regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. When joining a new betting operator, use only the links provided at this site in order to guarantee yourself the latest and best bonus offers available.
There is an ever-increasing number of betting providers operating in this country, however we at Betting Webites UK only feature those who are fully tried and tested. Never register with any bookmaker which isn't regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, all of our featured betting partners and licensed to operate in this country and each one has something unique to offer their customers. You can open accounts with each bookmaker and take advantage of some exceptional welcome bonus offers.
If you are under the age of 18, then you cannot register nor place bets with any online betting operator. Before joining a bookmaker, you will be asked to provide proof of your age (such as a passport or driving licence), then you will be required to email a photo of this to the bookmaker. Failure to do this will result in your application to join being rejected.
Fans of horse racing would be advised to choose betting operators who offer Best Odds Guaranteed. All of the major UK and Irish bookmakers offer this facility and it effectively means that once you have chosen your horse (UK and Irish racing), you will get the very best odds between placing your bet and the start of the race. Most of our betting partners offer Best Odds Guaranteed on UK and Irish racing, including William Hill, Coral, Betfred, Ladbrokes, Boylesports and The Pools.
All of our featured bookmakers offer a varied selection of bonus offers and other promotions which you can use on a wide range of sporting events, while at Bettingwebsites.co.uk you can read full detailed reviews of each bookmaker operating in the UK.
How to find the best Betting Websites
Here at bettingwebsites.co.uk, we work continuously round the clock in order to get the very best free bet bonus promotions for UK-based punters, thus ensuring that you get things off to the best start with your chosen betting provider. We have fully researched every single betting name and brand and made sure that they meet the highest standard. Most betting sites offer you simple information regarding the new-customer free bet offer, however we delve deeper and research the whole online betting experience from each operator, including odds comparison, depth of market coverage and ongoing promotions for regular players.
Our customers’ needs are our priority and as such, we only recommend betting websites which offer a top-quality service, including:
- Wide range of sports and markets on which to bet
- Generous free bets and bonus offers
- Simple to use website
- Website which is compatible with mobile devices
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Numerous types of bets available
- Excellent choice of regular player offers
- Simple and comprehensive banking options
- Dependable customer support
All bookmaker free bet bonus offers need to follow set rules and these are set out by the governing body in each country, in this case the UK Gambling Commission. These free bets and any other promotions offered by a betting operator will then be closely monitored to ensure that they are following the guidelines and rules. Nevertheless, betting providers need to be very careful that they aren’t being subjected to bonus abuse and this creates a very thin line between creating rules and regulations in order to avoid this and giving fair terms and conditions to customers. On that basis, it is vital that all customers must read in full all of the terms and conditions attached to any offer which they are claiming.
Ideally, the betting website you are choosing will be providing players with a comprehensive range of free bet bonus offers across all the major sports and sporting events, whether this be the Champions League, Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Premier League, World Cup etc.
Betting Websites Free Bets & Welcome Offers
All of the leading betting websites operating in the United Kingdom have free bet offers aimed at new customers. These ‘welcome bonuses’ are used in order to attract new players to a particular website and they come in various shapes and sizes. We have listed here the more popular welcome bonus offers provided by the leading bookmakers, all of which contain terms and conditions which you should always read. For most new-customer sign-up offers who will be asked to make an initial deposit and place a first wager.
- Free Bet Offer – The standard ‘free bet’ bonus offer is by far the most common type of sign-up promotion and this is designed to be as simple as possible. You will be required to make an initial deposit of a certain amount and then place a first bet of – again of a minimum amount. Once you have done this and the qualifying bet has been settled (win or lose), the free bet bonus will be released. These free bets come in various amounts such as ‘bet £10 get £30’, ‘bet £5 get £30’, ‘get £20 in free bets’, ‘matched bet up to £100’.
- Risk Free Bet – This new-player sign-up bonus takes a completely different form to the simple free bet. It is sometimes seen as rather controversial but it is popular amongst punters. Quite simply, the betting website in question will offer a risk-free bet to new players and this effectively means that you will receive your stake back (up to a predetermined amount) should your qualifying bet prove to be unsuccessful. This means that new players only get a ‘free bet’ if their qualifying bet loses.
- No-deposit free bet – These are very uncommon but they are sometimes offered from time-to-time by the larger bookmakers, often in conjunction with another bonus offer. In these cases, new customers won’t need to make an initial deposit or place a first bet in order to release the bonus. Nevertheless in this case the winning potential is much reduced and the free bet itself will be far smaller than the general ‘free bet’ or ‘risk-free bet’ offer.
- Matched Deposit Bonus – At first glance, these bonus offers seem the most generous as they contain the largest sums, however in order to get the maximum bonus here, you will need to make a larger deposit. Quite simply, these bonus offers vary depending on how much you deposit. The betting website will match your first deposit with bonus funds of a certain percentage, often 100% up to a certain amount. Therefore if you deposit £10, you will receive a £10 bonus. Similarly if you deposit £100, you will receive a bonus of £100. There is a limit to how much bonus you will receive and this is made clear in the bonus terms.
- Matched Free Bet Bonus – This is similar to the Matched Deposit Bonus but instead of the bonus being based on your initial deposit, it is instead based on your first bet. Quite simply, the bookmaker will give the player a free bet bonus of the same amount as their initial wager. For example, if you bet £10 on any sporting event (subject to the terms and conditions), the betting website will release a free bet of £10. If the player places a first bet of £50, then a free bet bonus of £50 will be released, and so on. As with the Matched Deposit Bonus, there is an upper limit to these offers and these will be outlined and made clear in the relevant terms and conditions.
- Enhanced Odds Sign-up Bonus – This offer doesn’t seem anything akin to a free bet bonus at first glance, however it allows new players to make an initial wager at boosted odds for specified sporting events. The stake will generally be limited to a smaller amount, say £5 or £10, and any winnings received from the enhanced odds will be paid as free bets unless stated otherwise. These enhanced odds will usually be offered ahead of a large sporting event such as the Grand National or World Cup and will sometimes run alongside the regular bookmaker free bet offer.
- Profit Boost Bonus – If, once registered, you decide to make a relatively small bet because you didn’t want to go big, then the profit boost is perhaps the best bonus for you. These are a less common form of welcome bonus but they are offered by many smaller or newly-established betting websites from time to time. Here, the bookmaker in question will boost your winnings by a predetermined percentage, however your stake will be limited to a certain amount, usually either £5 or £10.
- Specific Sporting Event Bonus – Ahead of major sporting tournaments such as the World Cup, Champions League Final, Wimbledon Tennis Championships or Aintree Grand National, some bookmakers will tweak their bonus offers around these popular events with a free bet on a certain team, horse or player. Again, as with the other free bet offers, any winnings made will be paid out as free bets and will be subject to terms and conditions.
Existing Customer Free Bet Bonuses
Free Bets and other promotions aren’t exclusive to new customers, most betting websites continuing to offer some great deals to regular players. Again, as with the new-customer sign-up offers, these bonuses take many forms and can be used to great advantage in order to add value to your bets. We have listed here a few of the more popular ‘ongoing’ bonus promotions and these will vary greatly between online betting operators.
- Free Bet Club Offers – Many of the leading UK betting websites offer their customers a reward based on the number of bets they make each week. These will vary between operators but a typical example is a £5 free bet for any player placing 4 accas each week. These are excellent offers for players who would normally place these types of bet on a regular basis.
- Insurance Free Bet Bonus – Many betting operators offer existing players an insurance on their sports bet. These are simple to understand and are offered on specific sporting events, for example if a customer places a bet on a certain outcome and the bet is unsuccessful, the bookmaker in question will refund their stake (up to a predetermined amount, (usually £10) as free bets.
- Loyalty Bonus – These bookmaker loyalty bonuses will often sit alongside the free bet club and are quite simply a reward to punters who play regularly. These bonuses can take many forms but they will generally consist of free bets on certain sporting events or even boosted odds.
- Consolation Bonus – As the name implies, these bonuses are awarded if your bet fails and you are awarded a free bet as a consolation. For example, if you are a horse racing fan and your selection gets beaten into second position or takes a tumble in the latter stages of the race, then you will receive your stake back in the form of a free bet. This offer also applies to tennis tournaments (Grand Slam betting) if your chosen players goes ahead by two sets but ultimately fails to win the match.
- Reload Bonus – This offer is designed to tempt the player into making another deposit into their online betting account. Once the player has used all of their funds and their account has been devoid of funds for a considerable time, the betting website will then offer a bonus in order to get them back in the hot-seat, so to speak.
Betting Websites Loyalty Clubs
Most leading betting websites reward regular players for their loyalty and this is generally a massive incentive for a player to place bets in just a single place. This works quite simply by rewarding customers for placing a certain amount of wagers each week. As a rule they work as follows:
- A player will be required to play a minimum number of times each week and/or place a minimum value of wagers.
- These wagers will need to be placed within a certain timeframe and could consist of certain bet types.
- If these demands are met, then the betting website will credit your betting account with free bets or other bonuses.
- The amount of free bet awarded will depend on the value of the bets placed throughout the week.
- As a rule, most of these loyalty clubs offer a maximum of one free bet bonus each week, however this varies considerably between operators.
- Terms and conditions always apply, read all of the small print carefully.
Betting Websites Free Bet FAQs
As a general rule, free bet bonuses on offer to new customers by betting websites cannot be cashed out. They must always be used to bet on certain sporting events as defined in the relevant terms and conditions. Please ensure that you always read the terms and conditions attached to each free bet bonus offer.
Once you have made an initial deposit and/or placed a first bet, you will receive a free bet bonus where this is offered by the betting website. Once you have received this, you cannot simply withdraw it. This free bet bonus is an offer which must always be used (unless stated otherwise in the terms and conditions) to wager on specified sports betting markets or certain events. Should your free bet prove to be a winner, then you can sometimes withdraw the winnings immediately but the norm is that you will need to meet any wagering requirements. The free bet stake will generally be excluded from any winnings.
Once you have chosen your market and decided on a selection on which to bet, simply click on the odds and this selection will be added to your betting slip. Go to your betting slip and you will see a box asking whether or not you would like to use your free bet on this occasion. Tick the box (or button) and then place the bet in the usual way.
In a nutshell, free bets are not free money but they are quite simply bets which cost you nothing (aside from the initial qualifying bet if one is required in order to release the free bet). Should your free bet provide you with a winning return, you won't get the free bet stake back but you can often withdraw any winnings where no or little wagering requirements are attached.
All of our featured betting websites offer free bets of some form or another. These come in many different shapes and sizes but they are all designed to get players off to the best possible start. They can be used to great advantage but it is hugely important that you always read all of the terms and conditions attached to each free bet bonus or any other offer.
Best Betting Websites and Free Bet Bonuses
The range and variety of new-customer sign-up free bet bonuses on offer from the leading betting websites can be quite bewildering and with each online bookmaker offering something a little different, choosing which one is best for you can be a daunting task. Here at bettingwebsites.co.uk we have provided our readers with full detailed reviews of each bookmaker along with details of their sports coverage, depth of betting markets and competitiveness of betting odds. Nevertheless we have provided here a brief run-down of the best betting websites available to UK and Irish-based customers, along with details of their free bet bonuses and all relevant basic terms and conditions.
The Pools – Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
The Pools are featured as our Number One online betting website and for very good reason. Known for many years as the Football Pools, this company has earned an enviable reputation for itself over the years and having reformed as The Pools, they are attracting a huge new customer base thanks to a vast range of sports betting markets and hugely competitive odds. The Pools are now one of the leading online bookmakers in the UK with a great variety of promotions and offers, while new players can get things underway in excellent fashion by depositing and wagering an initial £10 in order to release a free bet bonus of £30.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+, UK only. Deposit and place a minimum £10 cash bet at single or accumulated odds of 1/1 or greater and we will give you 2 x £5 in free bets plus an extra 2 x £5 Free Bets and a £10 Casino Bonus with no wagering requirements the following day. Applies to first cash bet only. Free bets credited as 4 x £5 bets to use on 3x Any sport& 1x Virtuals. £10 Casino Bonus eligible to play on any Casino games. Cashed Out, Void or Draw No Bet wagers do not qualify for this promotion. 2 x £5 Free Bets are credited upon qualifying first bet settlement, other free bets and Casino Bonus credited by midday the day after your first bet settles. 7-day free bet and Casino Bonus expiry. Available once per customer. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Full T&C’s apply.
William Hill – Bet £10 Get £40 in Free Bets
Along with Ladbrokes, William Hill are one of the oldest bookmakers around, not just in the United Kingdom but throughout the whole world. William Hill are a truly global online betting operator with customers in numerous countries and they have much to offer the punter, not least an unrivalled range of sports betting markets but also very competitive odds and bonus offers. New customers can get things started in excellent fashion by claiming an exceptional welcome bonus – simply bet a tenner and get your hands on £40 worth of bonus funds.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+. Play Safe. New customers using Promo code Z40 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 4 x £10/€10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms
BetZone – Up to £60 in Free Bets
In all respects, BetZone are still very much one of the new-boys on the UK betting scene. This betting website was launched in 2021 and while they launched to little fanfare amongst numerous other new betting operators, they have managed to make a name for themselves thanks to a comprehensive sportsbook platform and competitive odds across all sports. New players can claim a mouthwatering £60 worth of bonus funds upon joining, while existing players can take advantage of many regular bonuses and deals.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: Betzone Welcome Offer; Up To £60 In Free Sports Bets; 18+ New customers only. Certain bet types excluded. Restrictions + T&Cs apply. These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this offer only. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions.
BetVictor – Bet £5 Get £30 in Free Bets
Known as the ‘Gentleman Bookmaker’ BetVictor has long been a favourite amongst UK-based punters. This betting website is quite simply one of the best around and they have consistently operated at the top of their game. Here you can bet on almost anything, however the football coverage on offer from BetVictor is truly second-to-none with odds to match. Fans of the beautiful game will know that BetVictor’s football odds cannot be matched and this has clearly won them many admirers. The best news for new players is that upon joining, BetVictor are giving away bonus funds worth £30 once an initial deposit and bet of £5 has been made.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
Bet Goodwin – Up to £25 Free Bets
Bet Goodwin may well be a name which many won’t have heard of, however this betting website is growing in popularity and their success has by-and-large been thanks to their parent company – Goodwin Racing – who will be well known to the many horse racing fans who have used their telephone betting service. Bet Goodwin’s comprehensive sportsbook offers a wide range of betting markets and competitive odds, while new players can enjoy a free bet sign-up bonus worth up to £25 upon joining.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic Terms: 18+. New accounts only. Must have a minimum of three bets of £10 at odds of Evens (2.0). Terms and conditions apply, see website for full details.
Ladbrokes – Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets
Ladbrokes are they oldest and most famous bookmaker in the world and are one of the leading lights on the UK betting scene. This betting operator still possesses hundreds of well patronised betting shops up and down the UK while their online betting platform is one of the most popular around with some excellent bonuses for nee and existing customers as well as a comprehensive selection of sports betting markets and competitive odds, particularly for horse racing and football. New customers Joining Ladbrokes can take advantage of an exceptional welcome offer which consists of a £20 free bet which is released once an initial deposit and first bet of just £5 has been made.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Please bet responsibly
Boylesports – Bet £10 Get £20
As the leading independent bookmaker in the Republic of Ireland, Boylesports have a huge following both in Ireland and the UK. This industry leader offers a wealth now betting markets on all major sports as well as hugely competitive sports. The website is one of the best around and all new customers can benefit from an excellent welcome bonus which consists of a £20 free bet, this released once an initial deposit and wager of at least £10 has been made.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply
Kwiff – Bet £10 Get £20
Kwiff are a relatively new online betting website but they have managed to make themselves stand out from the crowd thanks to their boosted odds offer. This promotion is pretty much unique to Kwiff and it simply consists of having your odds boosted at random. As an example, say that you bet £10 on a selection priced at 10/1 and you were awarded a random price boost by Kwiff. This could result in your odds being boosted to 20/1, 30/1 or even 50/1. This makes Kwiff a rewarding bookmaker to visit and all new players can get started in fine fashion with a great ‘Bet £10 Get £20’ bonus offer.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: New customers & 18+ only. Min. deposit of £/€10.Qualifying real money bet of £/€10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer credited within 48 hours. Additional T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly
Betfred – Bet £10 Get £40
Betfred have long been one of the leading players in the UK betting industry, the pioneers of online betting and of Best Odds Guaranteed. This betting operator is a favourite of UK-based punters and they have much to offer, from competitive odds to a comprehensive range of sports betting markets and a simple-to-use website. New players can get things off to a flying start with an excellent welcome bonus upon joining, while existing players can benefit from some exceptional ongoing promotions.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic terms: New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply.
Understanding Betting Websites Free Bet Terms & Conditions
All of the leading UK betting websites offer a form of free bet bonus offer to new players and given that these can vary considerably in scope, it is hugely important that you fully understand all of the terms and conditions associated with any bonus you are thinking of accepting. These offers may seem very generous – and in almost every case they are – but they do come at a cost to yourself – usually in the form of a qualifying bet – and they may have other restrictions attached. As such, you must ensure that you read, and understand, all of the terms and conditions.
Here are a few of the key terms that you should be watching out for when considering whether or not to accept a free bet or any other bonus offer from the leading betting websites.
- Amount of Qualifying Deposit Required – Each online betting operator will ask you to make an initial deposit once you register a new account. This will often be needed – alongside an initial wager – to release the sign-up free bet offer. The usual amount is £10 although some bookmakers ask for an initial deposit and/or wager of just £5 before the welcome bonus is released.
- Certain Payment Methods – For some sign-up free bet bonuses and other offers, you may notice ‘payment method restrictions apply, mentioned in the relevant terms and conditions. This effectively means that certain deposit types won’t release the free bet, for example eWallets such as Skrill and Neteller, plus in some instances PayPal. The bookmaker in question will make it clear which types of payment won’t trigger the welcome bonus, however almost every betting website will accept the major debit cards such as MasterCard and Visa. As such, it is important that you check out the accepted and restricted initial deposit payment methods as well as the minimum amount required in order to release the sign-up bonus.
- Turnover Requirements – In some cases, a bookmaker will add a wagering or turnover requirement to the initial free bet. This effectively means that you won’t be able to withdraw any winnings made from the initial free bet bonus until you have placed more bets up to a predetermined amount. This amount (or at least the amount of turnover required) will always be stated clearly in the terms and conditions.
- Time Limits and Timeframe – Many betting websites make it clear that new customers have a set time limit placed upon their initial free bet offer. Quite simply, once a player has registered, they will need to claim the free bet within a certain number of days, otherwise it will be lost. Typically, customers will have seven days before their free bet expires, however this will vary between operators.
- Eligibility – It is worth understanding that not every customer is eligible to claim a free bet offer from a betting website. These sign-up offers are exclusive to new customers who have never before had a betting account with the same operator in the past. Some of these offers are regional and might not be available to customers from, say, the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. It will also be made crystal clear that players will need to be ahead at least 18 before they can join an online bookmaker and take advantage of any welcome offers.
- Caps on Winnings – On some occasions, a bookmaker may place a cap on how much can be won when using the sign-up free bet or any other ongoing bonus. As such, in this instance you can never win more than this stated amount. Again, this amount will be made very clear in the terms and conditions.
- Bet Type Restrictions – Not every type of bet will be eligible for the initial sign-up free bet. In some cases there will nee minimum odds imposed on the qualifying bet and the norm in this case is 1/2. As well as this there is almost always a minimum stake which will need to be wagered although in almost every case (there are exceptions) this will be less in amount that the free bet which it releases. Some free bets may be valid only on singles and not for the likes of each-way bets, multiples of accas.
- Free Bet Bonus Codes – Many free bets will be released once you have made an initial deposit and/or placed a first bet of a certain amount, however in some instances you will also be required to input a promotion code or number once you are prompted. You will generally need to input this when you are registering a new account and should you fail to do so, then you might not be offered a sign-up bonus. The bonus code or number will be clearly displayed in the terms and conditions attached to the relevant offer.
- Stake Not Returned – The general rule of thumb is that in the event of you winning from your sign-up free bet bonus, the free bet amount itself (the stake) won’t be returned. In normal circumstances, when you place a bet with a betting website, any winnings that get returned to you come along with the initial stake. Nevertheless, with a bookmaker free bet, you will receive any winnings you are due but you won’t get your free bet stake back.
Are Free Bets from Betting Websites really free?
When a betting website uses the word ‘free’ in their welcome bonus description, then it holds plenty of appeal to potential new players who are seeking value for money. The reality is that the ‘free bet’ is actually free in itself in that you won’t be betting with your own money, ie: the wager isn’t coming from your own funds.
Nevertheless it can also be argued that the free bet isn’t actually free in the truest sense of the word due to the fact that you will almost always be required to make an initial deposit and/or place a first bet in order to claim it in the first place. So, in this sense you actually ARE paying for it. Also, in the event that you win from the free bet, occasionally you won’t be able to withdraw the winnings immediately as you would be able to from a standard winning sports bet.
It is rare to find a free bet bonus offer in which you don’t need to make an initial deposit and/or place a first bet (sometimes these offers do come upon from time-to-time but as a rule they are for minor amounts and are attached to a larger free bet offer).
That said, the free bet amount is usually far larger than the initial qualifying bet amount required (in some instances as little as £5 is required in order to release a bonus worth £30) and as such they generally represent excellent value.
How to choose the best Free Bet from the best Betting Websites
When searching around for a new betting website, many punters are initially attracted by the sign-up offer and while this shouldn’t be the sole consideration, it is nevertheless a great way to get off the starting blocks with a new bookmaker.
The free bet bonus offer will certainly be the initial draw for many new players and with a vast range of bonus offers up for grabs, most customers will opt for a simple ‘Bet £10 Get £30’ type offer (other amounts are available from various bookmakers, this is purely an example).
Some betting operators offer new players a matched deposit bonus determined solely upon how much is deposited, the bookmaker effectively matching the initial deposit with free bets to the same amount (in cases where the matched deposit is 100%).
It should be noted that while these matched deposit bonuses are attractive and seem excellent value, they fall short of most simple free bet offers. A typical matched deposit offer will see your initial £10 deposit matched with a £10 free bet (100% bonus), while the simple ‘free bet’ offer mentioned above will result in an initial £10 deposit and bet release a £30 bonus (300%), once all terms and conditions have been met.
Size isn’t everything
Generous bookmaker bonus offers may be all good and well, however there are more important considerations to take into account before you accept a free bet. As they say, ‘size isn’t everything’. Before you accept the free bet offered by any betting website, read the full terms and conditions and consider the following:
- When will the sign-up free bets be credited to my new betting account?
- What is the minimum deposit I need to make?
- What qualifying bet do I need to make in order to get the biggest free bet?
- What time restrictions are attached to the free bet bonus offer?
- Are there realistic restrictions attached to the winnings from the free bet?
- What are the turnover requirements for the free bets?
- On which sports or betting markets can I use my free bets?
- What deposit method restrictions are attached to the qualifying deposit?
- Is the betting website licensed in accordance with the local regulatory body or gambling commission?
Licensing of Betting Websites – Safety and Regulations
When choosing a betting website, players will need to consider many different things, however the most important is knowing that your chosen bookmaker is safe and trustworthy. All of our featured betting partners comply fully with all the rules and regulations as set out by the UK Gambling Commission and all are fully licensed to operate in the United Kingdom. This ensures that every customer’s money is completely protected at all times.
All online bookmakers have a responsibility to ensure that safe and responsible gambling is maintained and adhered to by players at all times. All betting sites have safeguards in place to help anyone who believes they might have a problem with gambling and these include setting limits on how much a player can use the site or how much they can deposit in a certain period. Bookmakers should all have a facility to enable players to have a break for a predetermined period and all have links to helplines and services such as begambleaware.com and GamCare.
Football Betting Websites
With very very few exceptions, all of the major and minor betting websites give football centre stage and most aim their sign-up offers and promotions towards fans of the ‘beautiful game’. The leading betting operators nearly always offer free bet bonuses to players placing wagers on the biggest football matches and competitions, while competition is fierce between bookmakers with regard to giving away the best odds on the larger games in the big competitions such as the Premier League, Champions league, Bundesliga and so on.
Price boosts and cash-back offers are frequently available for certain larger football games, while some bookmakers have devoted specific dedicated sections to the sport.
Horse Racing Betting Websites
Most (but not all) betting websites offer a wealth of markets for horse racing and this can be one of the biggest draws for many punters when choosing a new bookmaker. Some will also offer Best Odds Guaranteed on all race meetings in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland and this basically means that you will always receive the very best odds between placing your bet and the start of the race. For example, if you place a bet at 10/1 and the price at the start of the race is 16/1, then you receive the latter odds. In the event of the odds shortening from 10/1 to 8/1, then you will receive the former odds.
Always choose a bookmaker offering Best Odds Guaranteed if you plan to place wagers on any UK and Irish races.
eSports Betting Websites
eSports has been the fastest growing betting market over the past few years and the larger tournaments can consist of numerous betting markets. Betting on eSports is the same as betting on regular sporting events and many bookmakers have recognised the huge growth in this area and catered for punters’ needs accordingly.
Greyhounds Betting Websites
Betting on Greyhound racing is a hugely popular pastime and the vast majority of the betting websites in the UK and Ireland offer many markets devoted to this sport. In many respects, the markets here reflect the equally popular horse racing.
Cricket Betting Websites
Cricket is a hugely popular sports around the world and in recognition of this, the leading UK betting websites provide a large amount of betting markets to cricket. Indeed almost all of the leading online bookmakers cover cricket in great detail with tournaments from around the world readily available, most notably from England and India.
Tennis Betting Websites
Tennis is a very popular sport on which to bet and all major bookmakers have sections devoted to this sport. The larger tournaments such as Wimbledon, the US Open, the French Open and the Australian Open are huge in terms of betting figures and this is recognised by the leading betting websites who frequently feature these competitions in their free bets and bonus offers.
Why should you register with a bookmaker at Betting Websites UK?
Here at Betting Websites UK we only deal with the established and trustworthy UK and Irish bookmakers who are fully licensed and regulated to operate on these shores. By registering using Betting Websites, you can rest assured that you are joining a reputable online bookmaker and getting the latest free bet bonus offers available.
There are many new online bookmakers operating in the UK and while these all need to be fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, many punters will be wary of placing funds in an untried and untested betting operator. We feature some of these new bookmakers but we have put them to the test and they have all come out positively. Nevertheless, it can be daunting choosing which of these new providers is best for you and as such, a little homework is needed before taking the plunge.
Our detailed reviews of all the established and new betting websites should tell you all that you need to know about each bookmaker. Here you will discover the types and range of betting markets on offer as well as the sports and sporting events covered. Most bookmakers offer live streaming and again, we provide full details of which ones offer this to their customers. Similarly, live betting is generally offered on many sports and this is outlined in these bookmaker reviews.
We also delve deeper into the competitive of the betting odds for each sport and sporting event covered by each betting website, while the free bet bonuses and other promotions have been put to the test. All of the betting websites featured on our site tick all the boxes as far as we’re concerned. Some will cover your chosen sports and betting markets while some will not and are best avoided unless you wish to give some other sports a try.
Many online bookmakers also offer their customers an online casino and again, we provide details of how you can join these. Many bookmakers only require you to register once when using both their sportsbook platform and the online casino and you can use your funds for both without having to make a second deposit. Most online casinos will give you the chance to play slots and games for free so that you can familiarise yourself before parting with any real money.
Where a betting website also includes an online casino, the welcome bonus can also include an offer for the casino and this is generally attached to the sportsbook bonus. In some instances, there will be a separate bonus offer for the online casino and in order to unlock this, you may be asked to make an initial deposit. This bonus will often come in the form of free spins which can be used on selected games and slots. With these free spins you can win real cash although you will need to refer to the terms and conditions attached to these bonus offers.
Whether they offer an online casino or not, all betting websites have much to offer the punter and you should always take advantage of the many free bets and promotions offered to you, especially if you are a regular player. Most of all, enjoy using the bookmakers listed here, remember that online gambling is supposed to be fun. Treat it like a hobby and you will have lots of fun.